- 3 cups almond flour (Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 cup + 3 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder (Hain brand is grain-free)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups plain, unsweetened almond milk (or regular milk if preferred)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, tapioca starch, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add milk, apple cider vinegar and blend until smooth. Batter will be thick. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, add three egg whites. (Do not include yolks). Sprinkle cream of tartar over top. Blend with hand mixer on high until just about stiff.
- Fold egg whites into bread batter until smooth.
- Pour batter into a parchment paper lined 1 pound loaf pan. (Make of pan in "Tips" section above). Place pan into oven and bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes. At about 30 minutes in, you can place aluminum foil lightly over top--I usually create a little dome. *(To use this recipe to create sandwich rolls, see tips section in post above).
- Bread will be golden and firm when done. Remove from oven and place pan on cooling rack. Let the bread cool COMPLETELY in the pan before removing and slicing.
- Slice bread and toast in toaster. Make sandwiches, french toast, grilled cheese, or toast points. Store bread in airtight container or bread bag. Refrigerate after 2 days. Enjoy!