Hi Friends!🍋🍋🍋 We’ve got a super special summer treat for you today! I so wish I could adequately describe just how lemony-delicious these blondies are! They have the intense citrus flavor of an old fashioned lemon square with the texture of a brownie-and those crusty chewy edges are my favorite part- although the moist, tart lemon curd center is a very close runner up!! The white chocolate and toasted almonds balance out the tartness in such a lovely way.
And I’m happy to report that this is a simple 1 bowl recipe, so there’s very little standing in the way between you and these blondies! They go quickly, I recommend making an extra batch if you have a large family. These also make a perfect sweet treat for the 4th of July. Our Summer Berry Pie is also perfect for the occasion!
While I have you here, did you know we just finished a second edition of our cookbook recently? We updated the cover and added some extra helpful details to some of our recipes! We’d love for you to check it out!
No extra tips for today, all the details are in the instructions below. I hope you love this recipe as much as we do, Happy Baking!!😊
- 2 1/4 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp sugar
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg + 1 yolk
- Juice of 1 large lemon (seeded)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon milk
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- *optional: melted white chocolate chips to drizzle on top of baked blondies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, tapioca starch, sugar and baking soda. Add lemon zest and whisk again.
- Add egg and additional egg yolk, lemon juice, melted butter, milk and combine until smooth. Batter will be very thick.
- Add white chocolate chips, almond slices into batter and incorporate evenly.
- Spread batter into a parchment paper lined 8 x 8 baking dish. (Batter rises quite a bit during baking).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes uncovered, then secure a sheet of foil over the top and continue baking for another 15-20 minutes. You want the middle to be soft, it will firm up during the cooling process in the same manner a batch of brownies would (and it will be much more moist and delicious this way).
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes and transfer to freezer for 25- 30 minutes before slicing. They will be perfectly chilled and ready to serve!
- For the white chocolate drizzle, melt down 3/4 of a cup of chips in a double broiler with 2 tablespoons coconut oil. Drizzle over top and add toasted almonds. Place in freezer for 3-5 minutes for the white chocolate to harden. Enjoy!
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, lemonbars, lemoncurd, lemon, blondies, summer, easy recipe