*3.2 net carbs per square (16 servings)
*Swerve has 0 net carbs
- 1.5 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/3 coconut flour
- 1/4 cup Swerve Confectioner Sugar Replacement
- 2.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8th teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons chilled butter (Earth Balance for Dairy-Free)
- 1.5 tablespoons half + half or coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon half and half (or full fat coconut milk for dairy-free/keto)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (Hain brand is grain-free)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 1/2 of an eight oz container cream cheese, room temperature (Kite Hill for dairy-free)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened (Earth Balance Spread for dairy-free)
- 1/3 cup Swerve Confectioner Sweetener
- 1 tablespoon Half + Half or coconut milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Put together your streusel crumble first: In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, Swerve, cinnamon and salt. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter. Add milk, vanilla–then using your hands, work the wet ingredients into the flour and butter until you have dough. You will break this apart and crumble it over the cake batter later–set aside for now.
- Go ahead and line your pan with parchment paper. We used a Wilton 9×9 Textura Pan, but you can use any 9×9 dish you like.
- Start with your wet ingredients first–In a large bowl, add pumpkin, eggs, half and half, olive oil, apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract. Whisk together until smooth.
- Sift Swerve, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and gelatin over top and whisk until smooth.
- Finally, sift your almond flour into the batter-be patient, it takes just a few minutes. Using a whisk to push it back and forth over the sieve can speed it up. When you’re down to the last bit, you can just add that in unsifted.
- Mix the almond flour into the batter until nice and smooth. Use batter immediately.
- Pour batter into your parchment lined square pan and smooth the surface with a wet rubber spatula. Place pan into preheated oven. Now break up the crumble topping and sprinkle it over the cake evenly–it’s ok if it’s not perfect- when you drizzle the glaze over top, it all comes together.
- Cover tightly with foil and place it into your preheated oven, bake for 40 minutes covered and then another 10 minutes uncovered.
- The cake will be just a bit soft to the touch. Remove it from the oven and let it cool completely without interruption-it will firm up during the cooling process. If you’re in a rush, you can move the pan to the freezer after it’s had a chance to cool on the counter for 5 minutes–it will only need about 25 minutes–works like a charm!
- While you’re waiting for the cake to cool, go ahead and mix together your glaze. With a hand mixer, blend together your softened cream cheese and butter. Add half and half and blend again. Finally, sift in Swerve and salt, then blend one last time. Chilling the glaze will thicken it. You can also add more Swerve for a thicker texture or more milk to thin it out.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled cake with a fork. You can place it back in the freezer for 5 minutes if you want the drizzle to set before serving. Slice and serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container and enjoy!! Can be frozen.
- Category: Low-Carb
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Coffee Cake
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, keto, lowcarb, coffeecake, breakfast, dairyfree, pumpkin, streusel, diet, fitness, easy recipe