- THE FILLING:
- 1/4 cup Spectrum Organic Vegetable Shortening
- 3 tablespoons + 2 tsp Egg White Powder (I use Hoosier Hill Farm, plain egg white protein is also acceptable)
- 2 tablespoons Arrowroot Flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Honey
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Cream (From the cream that rises to the top of the can)
- 1 tablespoon Cherry Purée (from frozen cherries)
- 1 teaspoon Cherry Extract
- FOR THE CHOCOLATE:
- 8 ounces Unsweetened Baker’s Chocolate (two 4 ounce boxes)
- 4 tablespoons Honey
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil (Solid)
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Liquid Stevia (optional)
- FOR THE FILLING:
- With a hand mixer, blend together shortening and honey. Add in coconut cream, cherry purée and cherry extract and combine until smooth. Add in sifted egg white powder and arrowroot flour and blend thoroughly.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Place filling into piping bag with a fine tip or use a ziplock bag, cutting just the very corner tip off. Set aside.
- FOR THE CHOCOLATE:
- Using a double broiler (or a metal or glass bowl on top of a saucepan), melt 8 ounces of chocolate.
- When chocolate is melted, add the solid coconut oil and combine slowly until smooth.
- At this point, you’ll want to heat the honey, vanilla (and stevia if desired) in a small pot for about 3-4 minutes until the honey mixture is less viscous or like a loose liquid.
- While stirring the melted chocolate rapidly, add in just 2 TBSP of the heated honey mixture and combine until smooth. Then add in the remaining 2 TBSP of the honey mixture while stirring rapidly again until smooth. DO NOT add any more honey or liquid than is indicated or the chocolate will seize.
- Allow chocolate to cool 5-10 minutes and then pour into icing bottle. Alternatively, chocolate and filling may be spooned into molds
- Fill the molds 1/4 of the way full with chocolate and then pipe in a dollop of the cherry filling. Pour chocolate overtop, do not overfill.
- Carefully place the mold into freezer for 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Remove chocolates from molds and drizzle remaining chocolate overtop and decorate as desired. Enjoy!!
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, paleo, dairyfree, chocolates, valentinesday, cherries