Paleo Brownies with Chocolate Ganache (Grain-Free, Naturally Sweetened).
Hooray for Paleo Brownies!
This really is the perfect Fall Saturday recipe. Just open the windows, turn on some jazz and start melting chocolate! The smell of brownies in the oven will improve anyone’s mood, not to mention the extra endorphin release after eating them—I’ve always said, chocolate IS medicine! And man are they so very rich and fudgy. They’re delicious even without the ganache, but let it be said that that added layer of soft, creamy chocolate is swoon worthy. Try to eat just one, I dare you. 😉
- 2 1/3 cups Almond Flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Tapioca Starch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup Honey
- 1 Egg + 1 Egg yolk
- 2 Ounces Baker’s Chocolate, Unsweetened (8 Squares) *Hu Kitchen makes great Paleo chocolate if you’d rather not have Baker’s.
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons almond milk (or coconut milk)
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Coconut Milk (Full Fat)
- 4 Ounces Baker’s Chocolate, Unsweetened (16 Squares)
- 1/4 cup Honey (or coconut sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together your almond flour, cocoa powder, tapioca starch and baking soda.
- Melt 8 squares (2 ounces) of the Baker’s chocolate over a double boiler. (Microwave method also works at 30 second intervals in a microwave safe bowl).
- Slowly stir olive oil into your melted chocolate, then blend in the vanilla. Pour your chocolate mixture over the flour mix. Add honey, almond milk, egg + yolk and combined until smooth.
- Pour and spread your batter into a parchment paper lined 8×8 baking dish. Place into oven and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Using oven mitts, place foil securely around baking dish at 20 minutes in. You’ll want to take them out when they’re still a bit soft in the middle. Let them cool a bit before spreading ganache.
- While the brownies are cooling, chop the remaining chocolate (4 ounces) and place into bowl. Set bowl aside for a moment. In a small pot, heat coconut milk until it just begins to boil. Remove from heat. Pour the coconut milk over the chopped chocolate and let it sit 4-5 minutes to melt.
- Then gently combine the coconut milk and chocolate with a mixing spoon until smooth.
- Slowly add in honey (or coconut sugar) and stir again until smooth. Lastly, add the vanilla and combine again.
- Pour chocolate ganache over your brownies and place in the fridge for 15-30 minutes and allow ganache to set. Store leftovers in an airtight container. Enjoy!
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, grainfree, paleo, dairyfree, brownies, dessert, chocolate