- 2 cups Almond Flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/4 cup Sifted Cocoa Powder
- 6 Pieces “Baker’s” Unsweetened Chocolate
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk (Full Fat)
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- FOR THE ICING:
- 5 Pieces “Baker’s” Unsweetened Chocolate
- 1/2 cup +1 Tbsp Softened Vegan Butter (Earth Balance Soy-Free).
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 2 tablespoons Egg White Powder (Hoosier Hill Farms or any plain Egg White Protein powder
- 1 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour and cocoa powder.
- In a separate, microwave safe bowl, microwave 6 of the chocolate pieces in 30 second intervals, stirring in between. When the chocolate is thoroughly melted, add in the honey and combine well.
- Then slowly blend in vanilla and coconut milk.
- Pour chocolate mixture over the dry mix and combine thoroughly. Add in the eggs one at a time–the batter will be thick.
- Sprinkle baking soda over the batter and pour the apple cider vinegar over top, allowing the fizzy reaction to occur. Incorporate into batter evenly.
- Scoop batter into cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full and bake for 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- While the cupcakes are baking you can start on the frosting. Melt the 5 chocolate pieces reserved for the icing in the microwave (as previously instructed) and then stir in 1/3 cup of honey until smooth. Add in vanilla. Then, using a hand mixer, blend in the vegan butter until smooth. Add egg white powder, cocoa powder, salt and blend again. Icing will be loose at first. Place in freezer for 15 minutes and the chocolate will harden, setting the icing. Blend the icing one last time until fluffy.
- Pipe or spread icing onto cooled cupcakes. Double the frosting recipe if you wish to create the tall look pictured. Store in airtight container. Enjoy!!
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, dairyfree, paleo, chocolate, cupcakes, dessert