- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup potato starch (not potato flour)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon guar gum (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/4 cup chilled vegan butter (Earth Balance soy-free)
- 2 tablespoons cold almond milk
- 1 tablespoon honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk together almond flour, potato starch, sugar, cinnamon, salt and guar gum.
- Cut butter into dry mix with pastry cutter. Then add molasses, honey, almond milk and vanilla.
- Combine thoroughly by hand or stand mixer until dough forms. Dough will be sticky. (Be patient, it will take a bit of time to work the wet ingredients through).
- Place dough in between two pieces of parchment paper so it does not stick to rolling pin. Roll dough and cut out crackers with cookie cutter of choice.
- Gently transfer crackers onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet with small spatula. Grain-free dough does not have the same elasticity as glutinous dough, so take care to slide the spatula fully underneath the cracker before placing on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes–they will still be just a touch soft and will crisp up on the cooling rack. Transfer them carefully to the rack by spatula.
- After Grahams are completely cooled, enjoy them plain, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, dip them in melted vegan chocolate, use them for s’mores, or sandwich them with lemon creme filling (as pictured). You really can’t go wrong!
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, dairyfree, grahamcrackers, snack, cookies