- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup potato starch, (or 3/4 + 1 Tbsp cup tapioca starch).
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon guar gum (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups milk or plain milk substitute (almond milk, soy milk, etc.)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together almond flour, potato starch, Italian Seasoning, guar gum, and baking soda.
- Add milk (or milk substitute), olive oil, apple cider vinegar and mix until thoroughly combined. Batter will thicken.
- Pour batter into a parchment paper lined 8 x 8 square baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until top is firm.
- Remove from oven, place dish on cooling rack and cool completely.
- Cut bread into crouton sized cubes and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees, turning croutons so that all sides become evenly toasted and golden brown. (About 20-30 minutes). Then remove from oven and let cool completely.
- After toasted croutons are completely cooled, place them into a food processor and pulse until fine. Add salt and Italian season to taste. Store in an airtight container—can be frozen. Enjoy!
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, vegan, dairyfree, breadcrumbs, bread, recipe