- Graham Crust: (This makes enough to bring the crust up the sides of the cheesecake).
- 2 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 3/4 cup tapioca starch (or potato starch)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 6 tablespoons melted butter, divided (or Earth Balance, coconut oil)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons milk (or almond, coconut milk)
- 3 eight ounce packages of cream cheese (Kite Hill brand for dairy-free)
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt (Kite Hill plain yogurt for dairy-free)
- 2/3 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted (Earth Balance for dairy-free)
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch (potato or arrowroot starch will also work)
- Chocolate Topping:
- 8 ounces melted unsweetened Baker’s Chocolate
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- For The Crust:
- Preheat oven to 330 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, tapioca starch, cinnamon and salt.
- Add in honey, 3 tbsp of your melted butter, milk and combine until dough forms. Dough will be sticky. Spread dough thinly onto parchment paper lined baking sheet to form large rectangle. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until golden (browning a touch around the edges). (See tips section in post above for no bake crust).
- Cool COMPLETELY, then break up into chunks and pulse in food processor until you have fine graham crumbs. Slowly add in remaining butter and pulse again. Spread graham mixture into the bottom of a parchment lined (or greased) springform pan. Set aside.
- FOR THE CHEESECAKE:
- In a large mixing bowl (use a stand mixer or hand mixer), add yogurt, honey, melted butter and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
- Add in cream cheese and blend again until smooth. Sift arrowroot starch overtop and blend until incorporated evenly. Add eggs, one at a time and mix together until smooth.
- Pour cheesecake batter into your springform pan, over the graham crust. Place pan on top of a cookie sheet and slide it into the oven. Bake at 330 degrees for 50-55 minutes. Outer edges will be golden and middle will be just a bit jiggly. Carefully remove from oven and gently place cheesecake pan on wire rack to cool. DO NOT unlatch the springform pan at this time. Cool 45 minutes, then place into refrigerator for 8-12 hours and allow to fully firm.
- After cheesecake is cooled, melt your chocolate and stir in coconut oil until smooth. Add in maple syrup and mix again until smooth. Drizzle chocolate over cake as desired and let it set in the freezer for 10 minutes. Once the chocolate hardens, it will remain set. Garnish with raspberries and mint leaves if desired and serve! Cover + refrigerate leftovers, enjoy!!
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, dairyfree, cheesecake, grahamcrust, cake, birthday, recipe