- 2 medium sized potatoes
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup potato starch (not potato flour)
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan (omit for dairy-free version)
- 3 teaspoons guar gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Peel potatoes and boil until soft. Drain and let cool. Place potatoes in a large bowl and mash with the olive oil.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together almond flour, potato starch, grated parmesan, guar gum and salt.
- After potatoes are cooled, pour dry mix over mashed potatoes and mix with large fork until everything is incorporated well together. (A stand mixer may be used for this recipe if preferred).
- Create a well in the center of the mix. Add egg and start working dry mix into egg by hand. Continue to mix until a loose dough forms-dough will be very sticky.
- Rinse hands and let dough rest for 5 minutes-this will give the guar gum time to further set the dough.
- Place a long piece of parchment paper on working surface. Dust with potato starch. Take out and handful of dough about the size of a baseball, sprinkle with potato starch and gently roll out into “snakes”. Then cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add a small batch of gnocchi at a time into boiling water and cook for 3 minutes or until gnocchi float to the top. Be careful not to overcook. Drain and serve in desired manner. We tossed ours in a skillet with homemade marinara sauce.
- Gnocchi can be stored and saved for later, just toss lightly with olive oil, place in tupperware container and refrigerate for 2-3 days.
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, gnocchi, pasta, potatoes, dinner