- 1 1/2 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- FOR CHEESECAKE:
- 3 packages of cream cheese (24oz) (Full Fat) (Kite Hill for dairy-free)
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt (kite hill plain for dairy-free)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted (Earth Balance for dairy-free)
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract (optional) some prefer to only have the peppermint extract in the crust portion.
- 1 box Wholesome! brand candy canes (optional) Sprinkle crushed candy overtop or add 1/2 cup to cheesecake batter for extra peppermint flavor and crunch.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- FOR THE COOKIE CRUST: Whisk together almond flour, arrowroot starch, cocoa powder and salt.
- Add melted butter, honey, vanilla extract, peppermint extract and work into flour by hand until dough forms. Dough will be a bit sticky. Let dough sit for 5 minutes.
- Press dough into parchment paper lined 8×8 baking dish. (Alternatively, you can use the dough to make one large cookie, let cool + pulverize into crumbs and add 3 tbsp butter to make a chocolate graham style crust. Either way is delicious).
- FOR THE CHEESECAKE: In a large mixing bowl (use a stand mixer or hand mixer), add yogurt, honey, melted butter and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
- Add in cream cheese and blend again until smooth. Sprinkle arrowroot starch overtop and blend until incorporated evenly. Add eggs, one at a time and mix together until smooth.
- Pour cheesecake batter onto cookie crust. Place your baking pan on top of a cookie sheet and place into the oven. Bake at 330 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Outer edges will be golden and middle will be just a bit jiggly. (Every oven differs just a bit, so check in at the 35 minute mark).
- Carefully remove cheesecake from oven and gently place pan on wire rack to cool. Cool 45 minutes, then place into refrigerator covered for 6 hours and allow to firm. Once firm, swiftly lift parchment paper corners to remove cheesecake from pan. Place on large cutting board and cut into bites. Serve and enjoy! Cover and refrigerate any leftovers.
Keywords: grainfree, dairyfree, glutenfree, cheesecake, peppermint, christmas, holiday baking