- 3 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 cup potato starch (not potato flour)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder (Hain brand is grain-free)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp milk (or almond milk)
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar (Wholesome! brand is grain-free).
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature (or Earth Balance Spread).
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk or almond milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, potato starch, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, baking soda + baking powder.
- Blend in milk, molasses, egg, olive oil, vanilla + apple cider vinegar.
- Pour batter into a parchment paper lined 8×8 baking dish or loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40-45 minutes. Cover with foil at the 30 minute mark. Let cake cool 15 full minutes before serving. (And let it cool completely before frosting).
- Mix frosting together while you’re waiting for the cake to cool. For thicker frosting, add more powdered sugar, to thin it out, add more milk.
- Frost + decorate as desired and serve, store any leftovers in an airtight container. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Category: Cake
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, dairyfree, molassescake, holidaybaking, cake