- 1 1/2 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 3/4 cup potato starch (not potato flour)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon guar gum
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance Soy Free Spread, melted
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar (Wholesome! brand is grain-free)
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance Spread
- 2 1/2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Food coloring, sprinkles +royal icing (options in Tips section in post above)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, potato starch, sugar, guar gum + baking soda.
- Add butter, almond milk + vanilla extract. Work wet ingredients into dry ingredients until dough forms, let dough sit 5 minutes, it will be a bit sticky.
- Roll dough out in between 2 pieces of parchment paper (this way, it will not stick to rolling pin).
- Cut out desired shapes, lift and peel cookies and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10-12 minutes. They will be soft in the middle. Let them cool for 15 minutes uninterrupted before transferring them to a plate. Let them cool completely before decorating.
- While cookies are cooling, blend frosting ingredients together. Then place frosting into a piping bag and decorate as desired. Store any leftovers in an airtight container. Enjoy!
Keywords: grainfree, vegan, dairyfree, glutenfree, sugarcookies, holiday, decorating, christmascookies