- 1 1/2 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 3/4 cup potato starch (not potato flour)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon guar gum
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance Spread, melted
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar (Wholesome! brand is grain-free)
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance Spread
- 2 1/2 tablespoons almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- (Royal Icing alternative in the “Tips” section in post above).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, potato starch, sugar, spice, guar gum and baking soda.
- Add vegan butter, molasses, almond milk + vanilla extract and work through until dough forms. Dough will be a bit sticky, let dough rest for 5 minutes.
- Roll out dough between two sheets of parchment paper, the top layer of paper will keep it from sticking to the rolling pin. Cut cookies into desired shapes.
- Gently peel and lift cookie cutouts and transfer to parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes–you want them to be a little soft. Let them cool on the baking sheet, they will firm up a bit during the cooling process.
- Blend frosting ingredients together with hand mixer while you’re waiting for your cookies to cool. Frost and decorate as desired. Store leftovers in an airtight container. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 15
Keywords: grainfree, vegan, glutenfree, dairyfree, gingerbread, cookies, holiday, christmas, baking