- 2 cups Almond Flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 cup Potato Starch (Not Potato Flour).
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Guar Gum
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg + 1 Egg yolk
- 1/4 cup Cold Butter, Cubed
- 1/4 cup Cream Cheese, Chilled + Cubed (or Daiya for Dairy-Free)
- 2 tablespoons Milk or Milk Substitute (Almond, Soy, Rice, etc.)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Chopped Walnuts or Pecans
- Jar of Favorite Preserves (Apricot, Strawberry, etc.)
- 3/4 cup Dried Currants
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk together almond flour, potato starch, sugar, guar gum and salt.
- Using a pastry cutter or food processor, cut (or pulse) butter into flour, then add cubed cream cheese and also cut into flour.
- Add egg, milk, vanilla and work into dough. Dough will be sticky, similar to play-doh.
- Roll dough out in between two pieces of parchment paper. Then spread dough with jam, sprinkle with brown sugar, cinnamon and nuts.
- For the spiral Rugelach, you will want to form a log. Using the parchment paper, gently roll dough from the shorter edge forward like a yule log. Then gently tighten the dough log at the base so it will not come loose. Cut cookies about 1/2 inch in thickness as shown in photo. You can mend any breaks in the dough with a touch of water.
- If you prefer the crescent look, cut dough into long pizza-like slices and lift the parchment paper forward to assist the rolling process. This will keep the dough from breaking up.
- Use spatula to transfer rugelach to parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes until slightly golden. Let the cookies cool before transferring to plate. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, rugelach, cookies, holiday, baking, recipes