- 2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder (Hain brand is grain-free)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk (regular milk will do for non-vegan version)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- FOR THE FROSTING: (Link to Our Paleo Frosting Above In Tips Section)
- 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar (Wholesome! brand is grain-free)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup softened vegan butter (Earth Balance)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, potato starch, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add almond milk, honey, apple sauce, melted butter, vanilla extract and apple cider vinegar to your flour mixture. Combine until batter is smooth.
- Fill each cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full with batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from oven and place muffin tin on heat safe surface. It is very important to let your cupcakes cool COMPLETELY before serving or decorating as their inner texture will incur a necessary change during the cooling process.
- While your cupcakes are cooling, blend frosting ingredients together until smooth. Add more powdered sugar for a firmer icing, or a touch more milk for a creamier frosting.
- After your cupcakes are cooled, frost and decorate as desired. Tips in the post above on how to achieve the look created in our photos. Store any leftovers in an airtight container. Enjoy!!
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, vegan, dairyfree, cupcakes, vanilla, unicorn