5.4 net carbs per serving
- 2 1/4 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp Swerve Brown Sugar or Swerve Confectioner Sweetener (muffins will be a bit lighter in color, but delicious)
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (Hain brand is grain-free)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp milk (or full fat coconut milk)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 of an eight oz container cream cheese, room temperature (Kite Hill for dairy-free)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened (Earth Balance Spread for dairy-free)
- 1/3 cup Swerve Confectioner Sweetener
- 1 tablespoon whole milk (or coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, Swerve Brown Sugar, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder + baking soda.
- Add your eggs, milk, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, vanilla and blend together with whisk until combined well and batter is smooth. Add shredded carrots + chopped walnuts into batter and incorporate evenly.
- Spoon batter into muffin liners 3/4 of the way full. Making sure your oven is preheated, bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes total. At 15 minutes in, rotate muffin tin by 180 degrees. At 20 minutes in, cover lightly with aluminum foil-this will steam the muffins a bit, allowing them to cook the rest of the way through while staying nice and moist and not over-browned! Keep in mind, oven times can occasionally vary, so check in at 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let COOL COMPLETELY before removing from muffin tin. (If you’re in a rush, let them cool 10 minutes outside of the oven and then transfer the pan to the freezer for about 20 minutes).
- While you’re waiting for the muffins to cool, go ahead and mix together your frosting. With a hand mixer, blend together your softened cream cheese and butter.
- Add milk + vanilla extract and blend again. Finally, add in Swerve, salt and then blend one last time. Chilling the frosting will thicken it. You can also add more Swerve for a thicker texture or more milk to thin it out. *Double frosting recipe if you’re using a few colors for decoration.
- Spread frosting over muffins and serve. You can place your muffins in the fridge to chill, it’s excellent served cold as well.
- Enjoy! Store any leftovers in an airtight container and place in refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 15-20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
Keywords: grain-free, gluten-free, keto, low-carb, breakfast, dessert, carrot, muffins, cake, birthday