*3.8 net carbs per tart
*Swerve has 0 net carbs
- 1.5 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1.5 teaspoons gelatin
- 1/8th teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Swerve Confectioners Sugar Replacement
- 1/4 cup butter, chilled and cubed (Earth Balance for Dairy-Free)
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk (full fat)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Key Lime Filling
- 2 1/4 teaspoons gelatin
- 1/2 cup Swerve Confectioner Sugar Replacement
- 2 cups full fat coconut cream we love Nature’s Greatest version (full fat coconut milk will also work)
- 1/2 cup key lime juice (regular lime or lemon juice is fine)
- 3 egg yolks (yolks only)
- *lime zest to sprinkle over finished tart (optional)
COCONUT WHIPPED TOPPING: (Traditional whipped cream is fine if not dairy-free)
- The solid cream from two cans of chilled coconut milk (view instructions for details)
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon gelatin
- a tiny pinch of Stevia or Swerve
- Then cut the butter into the flour Add coconut milk, vanilla extract and work the liquid into the flour until dough forms. It will feel a touch dry at first, just keep working the butter and liquid in until it comes together. Form dough into a ball.
- Line your muffin tin with cupcake liners. Place a large pinch of dough into each liner and push down so you have an even flat surface. If you have any left over dough it can be baked as a cookie and crumbled over top of the tarts after the cookie cools and sets up completely.
- Place your cupcake tin into the preheated oven and bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven and set on a heat-safe surface. The crust will have risen a bit and will still be soft to the touch while it’s warm. Use the bottom of a small glass to press each one down–this will flatten out the crusts a bit . Then you’ll want to let them cool completely. We set them in the freezer for about 20 minutes– this allows the crusts to quickly firm up. (If you don’t have a small glass to press down the crusts, just wait until they’ve cooled a little, and then use your fingers to flatten them).
- After you’ve filled the tarts, carefully
- *Tip: You can use a knife to carefully help lift the liners out of the cupcake tin.