5.2 net carbs per cupcake
**Quick tip–if you accidentally overcook your cupcakes, place them in a sealed tupperware container after they’ve mostly cooled for a couple hours. The moisture will seal in, improving yummy taste and texture. 🙂
Peanut Butter Filling/Frosting
- 1 cup unsweetened creamy peanut butter (not oily)
- 6.5 tablespoons softened butter (room temp) or Earth Balance
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons Half & Half (or full fat coconut milk)
- 1 cup sifted
- 1 bag of Lily’s Milk Chocolate Chips (You could also use their dairy-free dark chocolate chips)
- 2.5 tablespoons coconut oil
For The Cupcakes
- Add in chocolate chips if desired.
- Let cupcakes cool completely.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to blend together the softened butter, peanut butter, vanilla and coconut milk until smooth.
- Sift Swerve over top and blend with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy. You can add an additional tablespoon of milk if you wish too thin it out a bit or sift and mix in a bit more Swerve to thicken it up. (If you accidentally used melted butter instead of softened butter, you’ll need to stick the filling in the freezer for a few minutes for the butter cool which will set the filling).
- Pipe or spread frosting onto cooled cupcakes and place them in the freezer to set. This way they won’t melt when be dipped in the warm chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double broiler, stirring until smooth. Add coconut oil, again stirring until velvety smooth.
- Pour chocolate into a small bowl or large mug that has some height to it. Remove cupcakes from the freezer and place them on a piece of parchment or wax paper.
- Dip each cupcake into the melted chocolate so the peanut butter frosting is fully covered–tilt the cupcake sideways to let the excess chocolate drip off and place on the wax paper.
- Transfer coated cupcakes into the freezer for 10 minutes to set.
- Serve and enjoy!! If you leave them out on the counter, they will start to soften–we love them both ways, just out of the freezer or a bit gooey, it’s a win win!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate.
- Category: Sweet
Keywords: keto desserts, lowcarb, grainfree, glutenfree, dairyfree, high hat cupcakes, peanut butter chocolate, birthday cake