- 3 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 1/4 cups potato starch (not potato flour)
- 1 cup sugar
- zest of 3 lemons
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs, 1 yolk
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 2 Eight ounce packages of cream cheese
- 1 stick of butter
- 6 cups powdered sugar (grain-free, I use Wholesome! brand).
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk together almond flour, potato starch, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Zest lemons over dry mix and whisk again.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together lightly the eggs, whole milk, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and lemon extract.
- Add wet mixture into dry ingredients and combine thoroughly, but do not over mix.
- Pour batter into two greased 8 inch cake pans (I like to line the bottom with a circular piece of parchment paper). Make sure an equal amount is in each pan to ensure layers will be done at the same time.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and the top is firm but springy.
- Gently turn cakes onto cooling rack and allow to cool completely. While waiting, prepare the icing.
- Decorate as desired and serve. Store in airtight cake container-refrigeration is necessary for cream cheese icing. Enjoy!!!
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, lemon, cake, summer, spring, recipe