- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 2 tablespoons potato starch (not potato flour!) Tapioca starch is fine.
- 1 shallot very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons San J gluten free tamari sauce
- 1 tablespoon Thai Kitchen gluten free fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bibb lettuce or butter leaves
- Note: If you are sensitive to soy you should omit the tamari sauce. Be sure to check the labels on the fish sauce and tamari to make sure they are gluten free because some are not. Coconut Aminos can be substituted for the tamari.
For The Cucumber Sauce
- 2 cups plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup peeled and seeded cucumber, small diced
- 1 raw garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put all ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix together thoroughly with your hands.
- Form mixture into meatballs about the size of a ping pong ball. You can do this with your hands or use an ice cream scoop for uniform size.
- Place meatballs into baking dishes in rows making sure the meatballs are not touching each other. Pour a little water (about 1/8 inch) in the baking dish to prevent sticking.
- Roast in oven for approximately 35-40 minutes or until tops of meatballs are starting to brown.
For the cucumber sauce, combine the yogurt garlic, cumin and salt in a small bowl and mix well. For a dairy free option, skip the cucumber sauce and use Lee Kum Kee Sriracha sauce.
Serve with a plate of Bibb or Butter lettuce leaves. Your guests can use the lettuce leaf as a wrap for the meatball and top it with whatever sauce they choose. Enjoy!
- Category: Grain-Free
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Dinner
Keywords: meatballs, greek yogurt, sriracha, mint, cucumber, lamb, pork, healthy recipes, easy recipe, grain-free, gluten-free