- 1 tumbler glass
- 5–6 mint leaves
- 4 tablespoons honey simple syrup (see instructions below)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/3 cup fresh pomegranate juice (Pom is acceptable, but fresh is much better) You’ll need 2-3 fresh pomegranates for 2 mocktails.
- 1/4 cup seltzer water
- crushed ice
- mint leaves and pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Go ahead and make your honey simple syrup–it’s 1:1 with water. We make enough for 2 cocktails. Heat 4 tablespoons of water together with 4 tablespoons of honey, stirring until honey is fully liquified and blended. Let cool to room temp.
- While the syrup is cooling, go ahead and section your fresh pomegranates. We love this informative how-to video from Food & Wine.
- Then place the seeds in a blender and pulse until blended. Pour through a sieve/strainer into a bowl, pushing on the pulp to get all the juice through. Set aside for a moment.
- Get your crushed ice ready and place it into a bowl or cup, also set aside momentarily.
- Place mint leaves in your tumbler glass and add the simple syrup. Muddle the mint with a wooden spoon to release it’s flavor and fragrance into the syrup. Add lime juice.
- Pour 1/3 cup of pomegranate juice over the syrup and lime. Add crushed ice, seltzer and stir with spoon. Top with fresh mint or lime and pomegranate seeds. Serve and enjoy!
- Category: paleo
- Method: mixing
- Cuisine: beverage
Keywords: paleo, scd, specificcarbohydratediet, glutenfree, grainfree, vegan, mint, pomegranate, lime, seltzer, fizz, mojito, nonalcoholic, mocktail