- 1 1/2 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 3/4 cup potato starch
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon guar gum
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegan butter (Earth Balance Soy-Free)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- FOR THE PEANUT BUTTER DOUGH:
- 1 cup peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (grain-free “Wholesome” brand)
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter, melted (Earth Balance Soy-Free)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- VEGAN CHOCOLATE:
- two 10 ounce bags of enjoy life chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk together almond flour, potato starch, sugar, guar gum and salt.
- Cut the vegan butter into flour. Add vanilla extract, almond milk and combine until dough forms. Dough will be a touch sticky.
- Roll out dough in between two pieces of parchment paper so that it does not stick to the rolling pin.
- Cut out cookies in desired shape (2-3 inch cutter). Transfer cookies carefully by spatula to parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Let them cool for 10 minutes and then transfer by spatula to cooling rack. (Important step as they will crisp up nicely on the cooling rack).
- While your cookies are cooling, start your peanut butter dough.
- In a large, microwave safe bowl, add peanut butter and vegan butter. Microwave for 45 seconds then stir melted butter and peanut butter until combined and smooth. Add in vanilla and mix again. Pour sifted powdered sugar and salt into mix and blend until dough begins to form. You can then work it with your hands and shape it into a ball.
- Dust your peanut butter dough with powdered sugar and roll it out in between two pieces of parchment paper. Use the same cookie cutter as before to cut out the shapes. Wait 5 minutes before transferring cutouts as the dough will harden a bit, making it easier to move them without altering their shape. I recommend using an offset spatula if possible.
- Dot your cooled cookies with a touch of honey or syrup and place the peanut butter cutout over top. Continue until all cookies are topped with the peanut butter dough.
- Melt your chocolate in a double broiler–or in a microwave safe bowl, checking in and stirring at 30 second intervals.
- Lower cookies into chocolate with fork and use another utensil to spoon chocolate over the top. Slowly lift and let excess chocolate drip off. Place on parchment paper or greased cooling rack.
- Freeze for 10 minutes or refrigerate for 30 minutes. Once they are hardened, they will not melt outside of the refrigerator unless your indoor temperature rises above 74 degrees.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy!!!
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
Keywords: grainfree, vegan, glutenfree, dairyfree, easter, cookies, chocolate, peanutbutter, girlscoutcookies,