- 1 1/2 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 3/4 cup potato starch (not potato flour)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon guar gum
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder (Hain brand is grain-free).
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- PEANUT BUTTER FILLING:
- 2 cups powdered sugar (Wholesome! brand is grain-free)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or almond butter if desired)
- 1/3 cup vegan butter (Earth Balance Spread)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- CHOCOLATE SHELL:
- 10 ounces Vegan Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips, melted
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk together almond flour, potato starch, sugar, cocoa powder, guar gum, baking soda + baking powder..
- Place vegan chocolate in a separate, microwave safe bowl. Microwave at 30 seconds intervals, stirring chocolate each time. (Alternatively, you may use a double boiler). Set chocolate aside.
- Add almond milk, apple sauce, olive oil, vanilla + apple cider vinegar to whisked dry mix. Mix until combined thoroughly, batter will be loose. Then add melted chocolate and incorporate evenly. The batter will start to thicken a bit.
- Spoon batter into cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full. Make sure the batter is level and smoothed in each cup. Bake for 25-30 minutes-cupcakes will be just firm + slightly springy. Cool on rack completely before decorating.
- FOR THE PEANUT BUTTER FILLING:
- Whisk together powdered sugar and salt. Add peanut butter, vegan butter, almond milk and vanilla. Blend with hand mixer until smooth. Set aside.
- FOR THE CHOCOLATE SHELL:
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt 10 oz of Enjoy Life Chocolate in the microwave at 30 second intervals (stirring chocolate each time). (Alternatively, you may use a double boiler).
- When chocolate is melted, slowly add in coconut oil 1 tbsp at a time and stir until smooth. Set aside.
- DECORATING YOUR CUPCAKES: Place peanut butter filling into a large ziplock bag and cut an inch off of the corner tip. Pipe a large dollop of peanut butter filling onto each of your cooled cupcakes. Place them in the freezer for 10 minutes, this will allow frosting to harden a bit.
- After removing your cupcakes from the freezer, hold them over the bowl of chocolate at an angle and spoon chocolate mixture over the peanut butter filling on all sides until covered. Allow excess to drip off.
- Place your cupcakes back in the freezer for 10 minutes, allowing the chocolate to harden. Once it has solidified, remove from freezer and serve. Chocolate will maintain it’s structure and will not melt at this point unless room temperature exceeds 75 degrees.
- Serve and enjoy! Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Keywords: grainfree, vegan, glutenfree, peanutbutter, chocolate, highhat, cupcakes