- 1 1/2 cups Almond Flour
- 2/3 cup Tapioca Starch
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup Canned Pumpkin
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- VEGAN GLAZE:
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar (Grain-Free, I Use “Wholesome!” Brand).
- 2 tablespoons Melted Vegan Butter (Earth Balance) or ghee
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Almond Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- ***PALEO Topping Version: coconut sugar with cinnamon (see instructions below).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, tapioca starch, pumpkin pie spice and baking soda.
- Add pumpkin, honey, olive oil, apple cider vinegar + vanilla. Combine well until batter is smooth.
- Grease donut pan well. Spoon batter into icing bag (or large ziplock bag) and cut off the tip. Pipe batter into wells. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Rotate the pan 180 degrees at 15 minutes in and cover with foil. At the 20-25 mark, the donuts will still be soft to touch and golden around the edges. Remove from oven and set on cooling rack. Leave them to cool untouched for 30 minutes- they will continue to set during the cooling process. After they are completely cooled, run a knife gently around the edges and then carefully flip pan over onto wire rack. Allow them to sit for an additional 10 minutes undisturbed.
- While you’re waiting, start getting the glaze ready. Whisk together your powdered sugar + salt then slowly stir in your melted “butter” + almond milk until smooth. Dip donuts in and place on rack or plate, allowing glaze to set. For Paleo version, brush donuts with melted ghee and roll in coconut sugar mixed with cinnamon. Store leftovers in airtight container, enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
Keywords: paleo, grainfree, glutenfree, dairyfree, vegan, donuts, pumpkin, breakfast, fall, halloween, baking