- 4 chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, thin sliced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, very finely chopped
- 15 black oil-cured olives, pits removed
- 1 cup dry white wine (I used Muscadet)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- **we roasted baby potatoes in olive oil and salt to go alongside the chicken.
- In a deep sauté pan or dutch oven heat oil over medium heat. Salt and pepper both sides of chicken thighs and place them skin side down in pan. Cook for 10 minutes, turn them over and cook for another ten minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, chop rosemary, garlic and serrano pepper. Remove pits from cured olives. Once chicken is browned, sprinkle in chopped garlic, rosemary, serrano pepper and pepper flakes. Pour in wine, being careful not to pour it directly over chicken but rather in an empty spot in the pan. Turn heat down to low, cover pot and simmer for 35 minutes.
- Add olives and apple cider vinegar and simmer for another 5 minutes. Place chicken thighs and all liquid into baking dish, cover and place in refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight. I recommend refrigerating overnight as it really maximizes the flavors.
- Make sure your oven is pre-heated to 350. Roast marinated chicken uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until skin is well browned.
- Serve with roasted mini potatoes. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Savory
Keywords: chicken, easy dinner, rustic, grain-free, grainless, gluten-free, dairy-free, healthy dinner, olives, potatoes