- 2 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (no additives)
- 1/3 cup coconut milk (full fat) (Trader Joe’s is BPA-Free + additive-free).
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter (slightly melted)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter powder (we use Hoosier Hill Farms)
- 3 tablespoons egg white powder (we use Hoosier Hill Farms)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add almond flour, peanut butter, honey, vanilla extract and eggs into a large bowl. Combine using hand mixer at medium speed.
- Add in coconut milk and water and blend again.
- Sprinkle baking soda over the batter then add apple cider vinegar overtop. (This will cause a fizzy reaction). Mix again on medium speed until all is incorporated. (Do not over mix).
- Pour batter into cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full. Place into oven at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. At 15 minutes in, you may very carefully turn the pan 180 degrees to ensure even color. Place aluminum foil over top the last 5-10 minutes to prevent browning edges. Remove from oven and place on cooling rack
- While the cupcakes are cooling, you can make the frosting: in a small to medium bowl add 1/3 cup honey, the slightly melted butter, vanilla extract, and combine with hand mixer at medium to high speed. Add in egg white powder, peanut butter powder, salt and mix again thoroughly. Frosting will be loose. Place in freezer to cool for 10 minutes until butter has set. Blend again until fluffy and spread or pipe onto cooled cupcakes. Double the recipe if you wish to create the tall frosted look pictured. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, diaryfree, scd, specificcarbohydratediet, peanutbutter, cupcakes, dessert