- 1.5 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1.5 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 pints fresh blueberries, room temp (or the equivalent thawed frozen blueberries)
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2.5 teaspoons gelatin
- 1/3 cup honey (1/4 for less sweet)
- Coconut Whipped Cream (optional):
- The solid cream from two cans of chilled coconut milk (view instructions for details)
- 1/4 teaspoon gelatin
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- drizzle of honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, gelatin and salt.
- Add cubed butter and use a flour cutter to cut the butter into the flour as you would with a pie crust.
- Add in water, honey and vanilla extract. Combine by hand until sticky dough forms. Form dough into ball and set aside.
- Pour blueberries in a large bowl and toss with lemon zest and juice. Sprinkle gelatin over top and toss until evenly combined. Then add honey, once again stirring until incorporated evenly. Pour blueberry mixture into pie pan.
- Separate your pie dough into pieces and place them on top of the filling. You can do little pieces like a crumble, or larger pieces like a traditional cobbler. Brush with egg wash (1 yolk +1 tbsp coconut milk or you can brush with just the coconut milk-they both give you that beautiful color).
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes, or until blueberries start to bubble. Place a sheet of foil lightly over the top of the cobbler at 15 minutes in. It will keep it from over-browning.
- Let cool for 15 minutes then transfer to the freezer to continue cooling for about 40 minutes, The filling will set up during this process. You can however serve it warm (not hot), it won’t be quite as thick but it will be fabulous. Cover any leftovers and refrigerate.
- **Optional: Make your coconut whipped topping right before serving the cobbler. Open two cans of chilled coconut milk and remove just the cream on top, being careful not to transfer liquid a long with it. Place the cream in your chilled mixing bowl. Sprinkle 1/4 tsp of gelatin overtop and add a very small drizzle of honey and 1/8th tsp of vanilla extract. Blend for just 10-15 seconds, over blending tends to loosen the cream. Place in piping bag with star tip or spoon a dollop on each serving.
Keywords: grainfree, paleo, gluten-free, scd, specificcarbohydratediet, blueberry, cobbler, summer, dessert