• Two fillets smoked trout
• Half of a small red onion or one shallot, very finely diced
• 1/2 cup Hellman’s mayonnaise
• Juice from half a lemon
• 2 tablespoons capers finely chopped
• 1 tablespoon brine liquid from capers
• 1 teaspoon Worcester sauce (Lea + Perrin’s is Gluten-Free)
• 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (double this if you prefer it spicier)
• 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
• 1/2 teaspoon paprika
• 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
• Two dashes of cayenne pepper (double this if you prefer it spicier)
1.) Remove the skin from both trout fillets and break up the fillets with your hands into a mixing bowl.
2.) Add all the other ingredients and using a large fork or mashing tool, mash them together into a consistency similar to tuna salad.
3.) Transfer to a serving bowl and chill covered in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
Just before serving you can sprinkle some extra paprika on top or garnish with some finely chopped parsley. Serve with Lila Ruth Keto Cheese Crackers, cucumber and carrot slices and celery sticks.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Category: Low-Carb
- Method: mixing
- Cuisine: Dip
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, keto, lowcarb, smoked trout, dip, appetizer, entertaining, crackers, charcuterie, olives, cocktails