- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup potato starch (not potato flour)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon guar gum (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup strawberry jam
- 1/4 cup vegan butter (I use Earth Balance soy-free).
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk together almond flour, potato starch, sugar, guar gum and salt.
- Scoop 1/4 cup vegan butter from container, break into pieces and place in dry mix. Then using a pastry cutter, cut vegan butter into flour until evenly distributed-pieces of butter should be no larger than pea size.
- Add almond milk and vanilla and mix by hand until dough has formed. (You may use stand mixer if preferred). Dough will be a bit sticky.
- Roll out dough in between two pieces of parchment paper. (I use perfection strips to ensure dough is rolled out evenly).
- Cut out cookies and carefully lift with small spatula and place onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Once all of the cookies are transferred to the cookie sheet, take a smaller cutter and cut out the center of half of the cookies.
- Place in preheated oven and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until golden. (They will still be a bit soft, but will crisp up on the cooling rack. Remove from oven earlier if you prefer a softer cookie). Rotating cookie sheet 180 degrees at 15 minutes will help them bake evenly.
- Remove from oven, transfer cookies to cooling rack and let cool completely.
- Place cookies with cutouts on parchment paper and dust with powdered sugar.
- Spread jam on the flat side of the remaining cookies. Then place the powdered cookies on top to create a sandwich. If stored in an airtight container, they will soften. I recommend storing on a plate and lightly covering with saran wrap so they will maintain crispness. Enjoy!
Keywords: grainfree, vegan, glutenfree, linzercookies, cookies, dessert, holidaybaking