- Cut two half moon shaped pieces of watermelon about an inch thick and remove the rind.
- For the cucumber, use about 1/3 of a large cucumber or a whole Kirby. Peel off the skin and remove any green pith.
- Cut watermelon and cucumber into small chunks, place in food processor and pulse until all the chunks are broken down into a purée. Strain the purée over a bowl. You can also use a juicer instead if you have one.
- For the simple syrup, place 3/4 cup of water, 3/4 cup of sugar and 3-4 mint sprigs in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then turn off heat and allow to cool completely.
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice, add all ingredients and shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds. Double strain in a rocks glass over ice. Garnish with small watermelon slice, cucumber peel or mint sprig.