- 3.5 ounces mixed baby greens (we used some baby Swiss Chard)
- 1 orange, segmented. We recommend Cara Cara oranges for this recipe (See link in instructions below on how to cut orange supremes)
- 1 bunch heirloom carrots (we used purple heirloom carrots here but any carrot is great)
- Manchego cheese, shaved
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
For the dressing
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon orange blossom honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Blanch carrots in boiling water for two minutes and then transfer into an ice bath to stop the cooking process. After a few minutes, remove carrots from ice bath and place in a roasting dish. Drizzle carrots with olive oil and season liberally with salt and pepper. Place in small baking dish and roast in oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- While you’re waiting for the carrots to roast, go ahead and make your dressing–place all of the dressing ingredients into a small mixing bowl and whisk rapidly until evenly combined. Set aside.
- Supreme your orange. Here is a great and quick how-to video we found from LeCordon Bleu on cutting orange supremes.
- Place sliced almonds into a small skillet and toast over medium high heat until golden brown. Toss frequently to avoid burning. Transfer almonds onto parchment paper or a plate to cool.
- Place your greens into a large mixing bowl and pour dressing over top. Using tongs, gently toss greens to coat with dressing throughout. Transfer greens to individual salad bowls and top with orange supremes, carrots, toasted almonds and shaved Manchego cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: salad, healthy recipe, ginger, carrot, orange, baby greens, gluten-free, grain-free, specific carbohydrate diet, easy dinner