- 2/3 cup + 1 tbsp almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg white (no yolk)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, tapioca starch, paprika + salt. Add shredded cheese and stir until evenly incorporated into the flour mix.
- Add melted butter and egg white. Combine until dough forms. Dough will be sticky. Shape dough into a ball and set aside.
- Drain your olives well in a small colander. Spread olives onto a paper towel and pat dry. Then place a piece of parchment paper onto a baking sheet.
- Take a pinch of dough and place an olive towards the center, using your fingers to shape the dough around it, covering the olive completely. Roll into a ball using the palms of your hands. Place ball onto parchment paper. Repeat until you have all 26 completed. Then chill your formed olive balls for 5 minutes in the freezer (or 10 minutes in the fridge) prior to baking.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes. Balls will be firm to touch and golden. Let them cool 5 minutes before plating and serving. Enjoy!
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, cheddar, olive, pastry, appetizer, cocktails