- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 egg yolks (yolks only)
- 3 tablespoons softened butter (Earth Balance for dairy-free)
- 1.5 tablespoons half and half or full fat coconut milk. (Almond milk will work in a pinch)
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar (Wholesome! brand is grain-free)
- 1 tablespoon milk or coconut milk (almond milk ok here too)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 tablespoon bourbon (or additional vanilla extract, Simply Organic is alcohol-free)
- *additional nutmeg to sprinkle on top of the glazed cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, tapioca starch, sugar, nutmeg and baking soda.
- Add in egg yolks, softened butter, half and half and vanilla extract. Combine with a large fork until dough starts to form, then work dough by hand. Dough will be sticky. Wash hands, dry and then form dough into a ball.
- Then create 10 small balls of dough, using the palms of your hands to form them. Place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and press down on each one, flattening them about half way. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. The will still be soft in the middle and golden around the edges. Allow them to cool completely, uninterrupted. They will still be setting up during the cooling process.
- While you’re waiting for the cookies to cool, go ahead and mix together your glaze with hand mixer on medium speed. Add more milk if you like a thinner glaze, or more powdered sugar if you prefer a thicker glaze. Spoon glaze over cookies and sprinkle with nutmeg or sugar sprinkles. Allow glaze to set. Serve and enjoy! Store any leftovers in an airtight container. And don’t forget to make a few extra for Santa’s reindeer!
*If you want your cookies super boozy, just brush them with bourbon when they’re cooling on the baking sheet before you add the glaze. Just keep it mind that this will pack a real bourbon punch! 😉
Keywords: grain-free. gluten-free. dairy-free. eggnog, eggnog cookies, Christmas recipes, santa, holiday baking