These Bourbon Glazed Eggnog Cookies are a dreamy (and a bit boozy!) way to ring in the holidays. Butter, vanilla and sugar soften the whiskey kick to give just the right flavor balance–SO DELICIOUS!
Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
Hi Friends!❤️ Did you know we have a cookbook coming out? This delicious Eggnog Cookie recipe along with many of our old favorites and some very special new recipes will be included. You’ll find Paleo S’mores pie, SCD Lemon Blueberry Muffins, SCD/Paleo Turkey Meatloaf, Paleo Peanut Butter Pie, SCD Lemon Meringue Pie as well as other super scrumptious new editions. 119 Grain-Free recipes all together with our best tips and product recommendations. We’re super excited and hope you will be too!! But for now, let’s talk about these Eggnog cookies!
Like many kids in the early 80’s, when I was a much smaller version of myself, I used to leave decorated cookies out for Santa. I remember being particularly concerned about the reindeer, so I’d try to leave a little extra for them- encouraging Santa (in the note my mother would write for me), to share. I figured he was probably pretty good at sharing considering all the gifts he was giving out, so I trusted the reindeer would be getting their fair share too. And if I knew then what I know now about bourbon, I definitely would have included a proper bourbon glaze on those cookies– not only for flavor, but to take the chill out of the cold night; flying a sleigh at those speeds in winter weather must be brutal!😂❄️
All joking aside, these delicious confections are eggnog in cookie form, which is the best way to go in my opinion. I’m definitely an eggnog sipper- I appreciate the flavor but I much prefer the texture of a cookie. These are a bit crisp around the edges and soft and thick in the middle, so you get hit with warm + buttery vanilla goodness along with nutmeg spice. You can really go for it with the bourbon glaze, or just add a hint–or none at all of course if you would rather not have alcohol. Simply Organic makes a nice alcohol-free vanilla extract that you can sub in and still get delicious flavor.
These are a super cinch to make so other than the alcohol-free vanilla recommendation above, we are tip-free today!🌟🌟🌟
And if you love these cookies, you’ll really enjoy our old fashioned Molasses Cream Pies!
Enjoy the recipe + happy baking!!😊
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 egg yolks (yolks only)
- 3 tablespoons softened butter (Earth Balance for dairy-free)
- 1.5 tablespoons half and half or full fat coconut milk. (Almond milk will work in a pinch)
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar (Wholesome! brand is grain-free)
- 1 tablespoon milk or coconut milk (almond milk ok here too)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 tablespoon bourbon (or additional vanilla or rum extract, Simply Organic is alcohol-free)
- *additional nutmeg to sprinkle on top of the glazed cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, tapioca starch, sugar, nutmeg and baking soda.
- Add in egg yolks, softened butter, half and half and vanilla extract. Combine with a large fork until dough starts to form, then work dough by hand. Dough will be sticky. Wash hands, dry and then form dough into a ball.
- Then create 10 small balls of dough, using the palms of your hands to form them. Place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and press down on each one, flattening them about half way. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. The will still be soft in the middle and golden around the edges. Allow them to cool completely, uninterrupted. They will still be setting up during the cooling process.
- While you’re waiting for the cookies to cool, go ahead and mix together your glaze with hand mixer on medium speed. Add more milk if you like a thinner glaze, or more powdered sugar if you prefer a thicker glaze. Spoon glaze over cookies and sprinkle with nutmeg or sugar sprinkles. Allow glaze to set. Serve and enjoy! Store any leftovers in an airtight container. And don’t forget to make a few extra for Santa’s reindeer!
*If you want your cookies super boozy, just brush them with bourbon when they’re cooling on the baking sheet before you add the glaze. Just keep it mind that this will pack a real bourbon punch! 😉
Keywords: grain-free. gluten-free. dairy-free. eggnog, eggnog cookies, Christmas recipes, santa, holiday baking