Grain-Free + Dairy-Free
Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies are one of life’s little guilty pleasures.💕 Come to think of it, I’ve not yet met a soul who didn’t love them. They are, in my opinion, perfection. And when we first started this grain-free adventure, we knew we had to find a way to recreate them.
But the problem was, oatmeal was OUT. But then I remembered the Archway soft molasses cookies my grandparents used to keep on their kitchen counter. Those were amazing! Problem solved! Molasses cream pies it would be.
And you won’t be disappointed, these are impossibly grain-free– in fact, I guarantee no one will be able to detect a trace of grain-freeness. Just soft, chewy molasses + marshmallow cream heaven.😇
Enjoy the recipe + Happy Baking!😊
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 3/4 cup potato starch (not potato flour)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter or Earth Balance Spread, melted
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- CREAM FILLING:
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar (Wholesome! brand is grain-free)
- 1/4 cup Marshmallow Fluff
- 2 tablespoons butter or Earth Balance Spread
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, potato starch, sugar, cinnamon, clove and baking soda.
- Add in egg, butter, molasses and vanilla. Combine until dough forms (we like to use our hands). Dough will be a bit sticky. Let dough rest for 5 minutes, it will firm up just a touch.
- Form 8 cookie shaped patties about 1/2 in thickness. Place them on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and into a preheated oven to bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. They should still be soft. Let them remain on cookie sheet to cool completely. While they are cooling you can mix together your cream filling.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together your powdered sugar and salt. Then add marshmallow fluff, butter, milk and vanilla. Blend with hand mixer until combined evenly. Place into a piping bag or cut the corner tip off of a large ziplock bag.
- Pipe cream onto half of the cookies and top with the other half. Storing them in an airtight container will keep them soft. And a good tip—if you happen to over bake your cookies, place them in the airtight container after they’ve mostly cooled for about an hour-this will help to soften them up. Then you can pipe the cream, etc and serve and they’ll still be a hit! Enjoy!!
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, dairyfree, molasses, cookies, creampies, fallbaking
This post may contain affiliate links, that means that I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase using these links. Income allows us to purchase products to test the recipes you see here! Thank you for your support.