Grain-Free + Naturally Sweetened, Dairy-Free Option 🎄
We’re starting our holiday baking early this year! And honestly, we wouldn’t have it any other way- the Christmas season always breathes fresh life into our kitchen and gets our creative juices flowing once again. Plus, it’s a great excuse to
really ham it up with the decorations! If I had it my way, everything would be covered in glitter and gold by now (and frosting too!).😋
But let’s get to the real reason why we’re here today— these delicious peppermint cheesecake bites!
And they are exquisite.
I have long had an affection for chocolate with mint, or the “dream team” as I like to call them. There’s just something very refined and elegant about the combination of these two flavors, It always feels like a special treat.
And I know everyone’s tastes differ, which is why we want you to take control over the mint flavor in this recipe. Some will prefer to keep it just in the cookie crust to give that hint of peppermint and chocolate in each bite while others can add it to the cheesecake batter as well for more intense flavor. That’s really the beauty of baking, you have the ability to tone it down or rev it up according to your preference—make it your own!
Just a few tips for today:
-Wholesome! Makes organic candy canes.
-Lining your pan with parchment paper makes for easy release of the cheesecake and quick cleanup, too!
-We piped a bit of fresh whipped cream sweetened with a touch of honey and vanilla on top and sprinkled with candy canes. You can add crushed candy canes to the cheesecake batter too if you’re looking for even more peppermint flavor and added crunch.
Enjoy the recipe + Happy Baking!😊
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- FOR CHEESECAKE:
- 3 packages of cream cheese (24oz) (Full Fat) (Kite Hill for dairy-free)
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt (kite hill plain for dairy-free)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted (Earth Balance for dairy-free)
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract (optional) some prefer to only have the peppermint extract in the crust portion.
- 1 box Wholesome! brand candy canes (optional) Sprinkle crushed candy overtop or add 1/2 cup to cheesecake batter for extra peppermint flavor and crunch.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- FOR THE COOKIE CRUST: Whisk together almond flour, arrowroot starch, cocoa powder and salt.
- Add melted butter, honey, vanilla extract, peppermint extract and work into flour by hand until dough forms. Dough will be a bit sticky. Let dough sit for 5 minutes.
- Press dough into parchment paper lined 8×8 baking dish. (Alternatively, you can use the dough to make one large cookie, let cool + pulverize into crumbs and add 3 tbsp butter to make a chocolate graham style crust. Either way is delicious).
- FOR THE CHEESECAKE: In a large mixing bowl (use a stand mixer or hand mixer), add yogurt, honey, melted butter and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
- Add in cream cheese and blend again until smooth. Sprinkle arrowroot starch overtop and blend until incorporated evenly. Add eggs, one at a time and mix together until smooth.
- Pour cheesecake batter onto cookie crust. Place your baking pan on top of a cookie sheet and place into the oven. Bake at 330 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Outer edges will be golden and middle will be just a bit jiggly. (Every oven differs just a bit, so check in at the 35 minute mark).
- Carefully remove cheesecake from oven and gently place pan on wire rack to cool. Cool 45 minutes, then place into refrigerator covered for 6 hours and allow to firm. Once firm, swiftly lift parchment paper corners to remove cheesecake from pan. Place on large cutting board and cut into bites. Serve and enjoy! Cover and refrigerate any leftovers.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 40-45 min
Keywords: grainfree, dairyfree, glutenfree, cheesecake, peppermint, christmas, holiday baking