This refreshing Cran-Citrus Fizz is naturally sweetened with a delicious honey simple syrup. Lovely as both a cocktail and mocktail!
Cran-Citrus Fizz Cocktail + Mocktail
Good Afternoon, Friends! For years we’ve been enjoying unsweetened cranberry juice for it’s many benefits and for the zing of tartness it provides to a healthy beverage. If you’ve had Just Cranberry you’ll know exactly what we’re talking about. But this time we wanted to sweeten things up a bit naturally, and honey simple syrup was just the thing to do it.
How Do We Make Our Cran-Citrus Fizz?
We start with the honey simple syrup. It’s such an easy process as it’s 1:1 with water. Just heat your honey and water together in the microwave or on the stovetop briefly until the two can be whisked together seamlessly.
While the syrup is cooling, you’ll want to line your glasses with a bit of lemon juice and then dip them into coarse salt. You can absolutely use lime or orange instead of lemon for added complexity in flavor.
Finally, you’ll add the cranberry juice, honey simple syrup, lemon juice and vodka with a handful of ice into your shaker. Give it a good shake and strain into cocktail glasses. Top each drink off with your seltzer of choice. Cheers!
If you love this cocktail, you might also enjoy others in our collection, you can find all of our mixed drinks and mocktails here.
Happy Cocktail Making!
This will make 2 cocktails/mocktails
- 1/2 cup honey simple syrup (see instructions below)
- lemon wedge for glass rim, lime or orange wedge can be used here as well.
- coarse sea salt
- 1/4 unsweetened cranberry juice (we use R.W. Knudsen Just Cranberry)
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2 oz vodka (optional)
- seltzer water of choice
- fresh mint, rosemary or thyme
- First make your honey simple syrup–it’s 1:1 with water. Heat 1/4 cup of water together with 1/4 cup of honey, stirring until honey is fully liquified and blended into the water seamlessly. Let mixture cool to room temp.
- Wet the rims of your glasses with lemon juice, you can just bring a fresh wedge around the circumference. Feel free to use a lime or orange wedge here for added flavor. Spread coarse salt onto a cutting board or any clean surface and then dip the top edges of each glass into the salt. Set aside while we make the cocktail.
- In a shaker add a handful of ice, the unsweetened cranberry juice, simple syrup, lemon juice and vodka. (Omit vodka for mocktail version). Shake for 5-10 seconds and then strain it into your two glasses.
- Top each glass off with some seltzer and garnish with a lemon wedge, mint, rosemary or thyme.
- Category: Naturally Sweetened
- Method: mixing
- Cuisine: mixed drink
Keywords: cranberry, lemon, seltzer, honey, simple syrup, thyme, mint, cocktail, mocktail, mixed drink, entertaining, party, spring, summer