Vegan + Grain-Free 💕
Happy Saturday, Friends!
Our furry canine friends deserve a sweet Fall treat just like the rest of us, don’t you think? And nothing says Fall like pumpkins, maple syrup and spice! And not to worry, these delicious little biscuits are light on sugar yet full of pumpkin pie flavor.
And they’re vegan + grain-free too! With healthy ingredients like buckwheat and olive oil, you can’t go wrong.
And we just learned that olive oil can be beneficial for a healthy coat of fur, something to consider with the cooler weather approaching!
Just a few tips for you today:
-We found and used these adorable dog biscuit cutters on Amazon.
-These biscuits will be undergoing a double baking process. They will cool completely after the first round and go back in at a lower temperature for an additional 30 minutes to dry out. They will cool once more and then they’re good to go!
-This recipe yields 30-40 dog biscuits, depending on the size of cutter you use. If you plan on filling a quart sized container, you’ll need to double the recipe, or fill part of the container with decorative tissue paper. And as you can see, our friend Bruce has made it half way through his container already!
Enjoy The Recipe + Happy Dog Biscuit Making!🐶
- 1 1/3 cups buckwheat flour
- 1/3 cup potato starch (not potato flour)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together buckwheat flour, potato starch, cinnamon, ground ginger and salt.
- Stir pumpkin, water, olive oil, apple cider vinegar and maple syrup into your dry mix. Then form into dough by hand. Dough will be a bit sticky. Let dough rest for 5 minutes, then form into a disc.
- Roll dough out in between two pieces of parchment paper (this will keep it from sticking to the rolling pin). Cut out dog biscuit shapes and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- These will go in for a double bake. Bake first at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, turning them over once at ten minutes in. Place them on a wire rack to cool completely. Turn the oven temperature down to 250 degrees. Place them back in the oven for 30 minutes, this will dry them out. Remove and place on wire rack again to cool completely.
- Serve biscuits to your favorite canine friend! Store leftovers in an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 50 min altogether
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, dogtreats, petfood, vegan, dairyfree, pumpkin