- 1 1/3 cups buckwheat flour
- 1/3 cup potato starch (not potato flour)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together buckwheat flour, potato starch, cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg and salt.
- Stir pumpkin, water, olive oil, apple cider vinegar and maple syrup into your dry mix. Then form into dough by hand. Dough will be a bit sticky. Let dough rest for 5 minutes, then form into a disc.
- Roll dough out in between two pieces of parchment paper (this will keep it from sticking to the rolling pin). Cut out dog biscuit shapes and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- These will go in for a double bake. Bake first at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, turning them over once at ten minutes in. Place them on a wire rack to cool completely. Turn the oven temperature down to 250 degrees. Place them back in the oven for 30 minutes, this will dry them out. Remove and place on wire rack again to cool completely.
- Serve biscuits to your favorite canine friend! Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, dogtreats, petfood, vegan, dairyfree, pumpkin