- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup potato starch (not potato flour)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chunks (Enjoy Life Mega Chunks)
- 2/3 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/4 cup vegan butter (Earth Balance Soy-Free)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together almond flour, potato starch, brown sugar and baking soda.
- Cut butter into flour with pastry cutter, in the same manner you would for pie crust.
- Then add in the chocolate chunks and dried cherries.
- Add egg and vanilla extract to mix and combine by hand or with stand mixer. Mix may feel dry initially, but continue to work egg and vanilla through until dough has formed.
- With an ice cream scooper, scoop out dough onto parchment paper lined baking sheet. Flatten out dough mounds with fingertips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Start checking on them at 10 minutes- ovens may vary slightly in temperature and cooking time.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes and transfer to cooling rack or plate. Store in airtight container. Enjoy!
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, dairyfree, cookies, cherry, chocolate, summer, dessert, snack, lunch