Cherry Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Happy Weekend, all! I wanted to share with you my favorite cookie of the moment, perhaps of the summer–the Cherry Chocolate Chunk Cookies (grain-free and dairy-free). We actually made a batch of these for our trip down to the beach this weekend and pretty much inhaled them all right away!
Something about cherries and chocolate together in a chewy cookie, whew! It’s just ridiculously delicious. I used tart dried cherries in the recipe because i find they really brighten the flavor, but I know some folks are not into sour- so any variety of dried cherry will do. This Cherry Chocolate Chunk Cookies recipe yields 4 jumbo cookies, 6 large or 8 medium. We went for jumbo and loved every minute of it, but we like living large. 😉
Enjoy the recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup potato starch (not potato flour)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chunks (Enjoy Life Mega Chunks)
- 2/3 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/4 cup vegan butter (Earth Balance Soy-Free)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together almond flour, potato starch, brown sugar and baking soda.
- Cut butter into flour with pastry cutter, in the same manner you would for pie crust.
- Then add in the chocolate chunks and dried cherries.
- Add egg and vanilla extract to mix and combine by hand or with stand mixer. Mix may feel dry initially, but continue to work egg and vanilla through until dough has formed.
- With an ice cream scooper, scoop out dough onto parchment paper lined baking sheet. Flatten out dough mounds with fingertips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Start checking on them at 10 minutes- ovens may vary slightly in temperature and cooking time.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes and transfer to cooling rack or plate. Store in airtight container. Enjoy!
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, dairyfree, cookies, cherry, chocolate, summer, dessert, snack, lunch
This post may contain affiliate links, that means that I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase using these links. Income allows us to purchase products to test the recipes you see here! Thank you for your support.