Cherry Chocolate Blondie Bars (Paleo w/Vegan Option) 🍒
Happy Labor Day!
Our cherry chocolate blondie bar is the perfect summer send-off treat. A quick + easy one bowl recipe that will disappear as soon as they hit the plate- they’re just that good!
And did I mention that they’re paleo? Grain-free, dairy-free and naturally sweetened, but oh-so decadent. We used fresh cherries in this recipe, but unsweetened dried cherries would work beautifully as well.
And don’t be afraid to get creative with these, add your favorite nuts, extra chocolate or top with coconut whipped cream. A scoop of our non-churn cherry vanilla bean ice cream would make it extra decadent!😋
Tip for today
Chocolate Chip Options:
-Easy Vegan option below, just use maple syrup instead of honey.
-Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips are unsweetened and dairy-free (they do have a bit of soy lecithin), you can find them here. Whole Foods carries them as well. Also, Hu kitchen makes a great Paleo chocolate.
-Enjoy Life also makes delicious chocolate chips, they are free from dairy + soy, but do have some cane sugar. You can find them here and Whole Foods carries those as well.
Happy Baking + Enjoy The Recipe!😊Print
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 cup arrowroot starch (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons ghee or Vegan Earth Balance Butter or Coconut Spread
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons molasses
- 3/4 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips or Hu Kitchen makes great paleo chocolate.
- 2/3 cup fresh cherries, chopped and pitted (or unsweetened dried cherries)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, arrowroot starch, baking soda and salt. Add melted butter, honey, almond milk, vanilla extract, molasses and combine well. It will be like a loose dough.
- Now mix in your chocolate chips and cherries and incorporate evenly. Press loose dough into a parchment paper lined 8×8 baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes. (They should still be a bit soft, like brownies when they are done. They will firm up during the cooling process).
- Remove and place pan on a cooling rack and let blondies cool for 15 FULL minutes before slicing. Store any leftovers in an airtight container. Enjoy!!
Keywords: grainfree, paleo, glutenfree, dairyfree, blondies, cherry, chocolate, dessert
This post may contain affiliate links, that means that I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase using these links. Income allows us to purchase products to test the recipes you see here! Thank you for your support.