Cinnamon Raisin Bread 💜 (naturally sweetened)
There’s nothing quite as soothing + delicious as a warm, buttered slice of cinnamon raisin toast. I adored it as a child and it’s still one of my favorites today. And I love to make it from scratch because it fills your kitchen with warm, sweet and spicy aromas—an incredible way to start the day!
This grain-free version is semi sweet, more like the traditional bread, which allows for added flexibility in preparation. And there are so many options, even savory! It’s so delicious straight out of the oven with a drizzle of honey and even better toasted with a pat of butter. It’s fantastic for making French toast and it also works beautifully as toasted sandwich bread—we love to pair it with ham, Swiss and honey mustard. And if you have any leftover, bread pudding is another excellent choice!
Tips for today:
-Tapioca starch can be used instead of potato starch, measurements in recipe below.
-We used a 1 pound loaf pan for this recipe.
-Allowing your bread to cool completely after baking will give it time it to firm up and become the ideal texture for toasting. Cut into 1/2 inch thick slices and toast at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or on the light to medium setting on your toaster.
-This recipe can easily be made dairy-free by subbing milk with plain, unsweetened almond milk.
-For our French Toast, we use a couple of eggs, about 1/2 cup of almond milk, pinch of nutmeg + cinnamon, vanilla extract + orange zest. On extra cold days, we add a little bourbon.😋
Enjoy the recipe + Happy Bread Baking!😊Print
- 3 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 1/2 cups potato starch (not potato flour) or 1 1/3 cups tapioca starch
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder (Hain brand is grain-free)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/3 cups milk (or plain, unsweetened almond milk).
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 3 egg whites
- Cinnamon Honey Drizzle:
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, potato starch, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add milk, honey, olive oil, apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract, combine until smooth, batter will be thick. Stir your raisins into the batter. Set batter aside.
- In a separate, medium sized bowl, blend your egg whites with a hand mixer until they form soft peaks (about one minute).
- Fold whipped egg whites into your bread batter until evenly combined and smooth. Pour batter into a parchment paper lined 1 pound loaf pan (8.5 x 4.5).
- In a small dish, mix together 3 tbsp of honey + 1 Tbsp of cinnamon. Drizzle cinnamon honey over the bread mixture and then run a knife through to create swirls. Place into a preheated oven and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes uncovered, then place foil overtop and bake another 10-15 minutes until firm.
- Let bread cool completely before toasting. The cooling process will firm the bread, making it ideal for toasting and french toast. Cut into 1/2 inch thick slices. Store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
Keywords: paleo, grainfree, glutenfree, cinnamonbread, bread, raisin, breakfast