Delicious Arugula Salad with SCD, Paleo, Low-Carb + Keto options included below.
For The Salad
- Baby Arugula, pre-washed (1 serving, as much as desired)
- 1/4 head of radicchio
- 1/4 cup of walnuts, halved
- 1/4 cup of crumbled blue cheese (Roquefort for SCD, for Paleo version use chicken- see instructions below)
- small handful of dried cherries (naturally sweetened, fewer for low-carb, none for keto)
For The Dressing
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons La Tourangelle Roasted Walnut Oil (or oil of choice)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey (or a tiny hint of stevia for low-carb)
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place walnuts into a small skillet over medium heat, tossing frequently until they are lightly browned. Be sure to keep an eye on them as they can quickly go from toasted to burnt. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl or ramekin, add all of the dressing ingredients together and whisk for thirty seconds until evenly combined.
- With the radicchio, a little goes a long way. Cut in half and remove white core. Cut into wedges and then chop into smaller pieces, pulling the layers apart by hand.
- Place arugula and radicchio into a mixing bowl and pour dressing over top. Using tongs, gently toss greens to coat with dressing throughout.
- Transfer greens to a salad bowl and top with toasted walnuts, dried cherries and crumbled bleu cheese.
- ***Optional–This salad is great on it’s own, but if you want some additional protein you can add roasted chicken breast. For roasted chicken breast, pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Put a large sauté pan or dutch oven over medium high heat and add a liberal amount of grapeseed oil. Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper. Sear larger chicken breasts for three minutes on each side. For smaller or thinner chicken breasts, sear for two minutes per side. Transfer chicken breasts into a baking dish and bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes. Cool, cut into strips and add to salad. Enjoy!
Keywords: arugula salad, dried cherries, roasted walnuts, keto, low-carb, gluten-free, easy dinner, veggies, blue cheese