- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup arrowroot flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup potato starch (not potato flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon guar gum (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup milk or milk substitute (plain almond milk, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce (Rao’s is our favorite)
- shredded mozzarella or Daiya brand vegan mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons shredded pecorino romano
- fresh basil (add right before serving)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Whisk together almond flour, arrowroot starch, potato starch, guar gum and baking soda.
- Then add almond milk, olive oil and apple cider vinegar.
- Work liquid into flour until dough begins to form. Dough will be sticky and feel dry initially. Continue to knead with hands until you have a full ball of dough. Scrape remaining dough from fingers and wash hands. Let dough sit for 5 minutes, then dust with potato starch.
- Place dough in between two pieces of parchment paper and roll out thinly into a circle or square. Shape the outer edges a bit higher. Dip fingers in a touch of water to mend any cracks.
- Keep the dough on the parchment paper and place onto a baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, place baking sheet on cooling rack. Brush outer crust with olive oil and sprinkle with grated Pecorino Romano. Spread tomato sauce and add desired toppings.
- Place pizza back into the oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and crust is slightly golden.
- Remove from oven, slice and enjoy!! Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container, can be frozen. Reheat in oven.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
Keywords: grainfree, vegan, dairyfree, glutenfree, pizza, pizzacrust, dinner, lunch, recipe