- FOR THE COOKIE CRUST:
- 3 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup honey
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons molasses
- 1 cup chocolate chips (Lily’s brand is sugar free)
- FOR THE CHEESECAKE:
- 3 eight oz packages of cream cheese (Full Fat) (Kite Hill Cream Cheese for Dairy-Free)
- 1/3 cup Greek Yogurt (Kite Hill Plain yogurt for Dairy-Free)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted (Earth Balance for Dairy-Free)
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips (Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips for Dairy-Free)
- Preheat oven to 330 degrees
- FOR THE COOKIE CRUST: In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, arrowroot starch, baking soda + salt. Add honey, melted butter, vanilla + molasses. Combine well until dough forms. Add in chocolate chips and incorporate well into dough. Set aside.
- Now you’ll want to line your springform pan with parchment paper. Cut a piece of parchment paper in a circle to fit the bottom of your springform pan. Adhere to pan with a touch of butter. Cut a thin strip that fits around the sides as well, fastening it with a touch of butter. Press your cookie dough crust into the bottom evenly. Set aside.
- FOR THE CHEESECAKE: In a large mixing bowl (use a stand mixer or hand mixer), add yogurt, honey, melted butter and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
- Add in cream cheese and blend again until smooth. Sift arrowroot starch overtop and blend until incorporated evenly. Add eggs, on at a time and mix together until smooth. Finally, stir in your chocolate chips.
- Pour cheesecake batter into parchment lined springform pan. Place pan on top of cookie sheet and put into oven. Bake at 330 degrees for 50-55 minutes. Outer edges will be golden and middle will be just a bit jiggly. Carefully remove from oven and gently place cheesecake pan on wire rack to cool. DO NOT unlatch the springform pan at this time. Cool 45 minutes, then place into refrigerator for 8-12 hours and allow to firm. Unlatch the pan and serve, cover and refrigerate leftovers. Enjoy!
Keywords: grainfree, dairyfree, glutenfree, cheesecake, birthday, chocolatechipcookie, dessert, recipe