Grain-Free + Naturally Sweetened, Dairy-Free Option
Three cheers for Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake! 🎉🎉🎉
This recipe has me back in love with Cheesecake. Believe it or not, long ago, it was one of my least favorite desserts. That and crème brûlée. (I know, what kind of person doesn’t like crème brûlée??!) Anyway, I think it was the idea of cheesecake that initially turned me off. When I was first presented with
the choice of it as a dessert option as a little kid, my mind immediately conjured up the image of Kraft cheese slices piled high + slathered with frosting. (Clearly I was a very literal thinker). Well, the mind is a powerful thing because from that moment on, every time I had a bite, the idea of sweetened processed cheese in cake form would overpower the reality—which was, of course, heaven on a plate.
It wasn’t until I met my husband, a die-hard cheesecake man, that I developed a better understanding and appreciation for the delicious dessert. And of course, once you start baking the cake yourself, you see all the yummy goodness going into it and that it is actually amazing.
This version is like a smooth + rich New York style cheesecake resting on a supersized chocolate chip cookie—it is insanely delicious, guaranteed to knock your socks off. And guaranteed not to crack too! If you follow the directions to a T, you’ll get the cheesecake of your dreams.
Enjoy the recipe + Happy Baking!😊
- FOR THE COOKIE CRUST:
- 3 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup honey
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons molasses
- 1 cup chocolate chips (Lily’s brand is sugar free)
- FOR THE CHEESECAKE:
- 3 eight oz packages of cream cheese (Full Fat) (Kite Hill Cream Cheese for Dairy-Free)
- 1/3 cup Greek Yogurt (Kite Hill Plain yogurt for Dairy-Free)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted (Earth Balance for Dairy-Free)
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips (Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips for Dairy-Free)
- Preheat oven to 330 degrees
- FOR THE COOKIE CRUST: In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, arrowroot starch, baking soda + salt. Add honey, melted butter, vanilla + molasses. Combine well until dough forms. Add in chocolate chips and incorporate well into dough. Set aside.
- Now you’ll want to line your springform pan with parchment paper. Cut a piece of parchment paper in a circle to fit the bottom of your springform pan. Adhere to pan with a touch of butter. Cut a thin strip that fits around the sides as well, fastening it with a touch of butter. Press your cookie dough crust into the bottom evenly. Set aside.
- FOR THE CHEESECAKE: In a large mixing bowl (use a stand mixer or hand mixer), add yogurt, honey, melted butter and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
- Add in cream cheese and blend again until smooth. Sift arrowroot starch overtop and blend until incorporated evenly. Add eggs, on at a time and mix together until smooth. Finally, stir in your chocolate chips.
- Pour cheesecake batter into parchment lined springform pan. Place pan on top of cookie sheet and put into oven. Bake at 330 degrees for 50-55 minutes. Outer edges will be golden and middle will be just a bit jiggly. Carefully remove from oven and gently place cheesecake pan on wire rack to cool. DO NOT unlatch the springform pan at this time. Cool 45 minutes, then place into refrigerator for 8-12 hours and allow to firm. Unlatch the pan and serve, cover and refrigerate leftovers. Enjoy!
Keywords: grainfree, dairyfree, glutenfree, cheesecake, birthday, chocolatechipcookie, dessert, recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, that means that I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase using these links. Income allows us to purchase products to test the recipes you see here! Thank you for your support.