For The Salad
- Curly green or red leaf lettuce (I used both for this salad)
- Head of frisée lettuce
- Celery heart (center stalks only), chopped
- 1 large carrot, diced
- Half a cucumber, seeds removed and finely diced
- 1/4 head of radicchio, core removed
- Serve with Lila Ruth House Dressing or our vinaigrette dressing below.
For the vinaigrette-
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons basil oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1.) For the radicchio, cut in half and remove the white core. Cut into wedges and then chop into smaller pieces, pulling the layers apart by hand.
2.) For the carrot, start by cutting the thicker end of carrot into large matchsticks and then small dice. The thinner end can be saved for other uses.
3.) For the celery, remove the green outer stalks and just chop up the paler inner stalks for the salad.
4.) For the cucumber, cut in half and then lengthwise. Using a spoon, scrape out seeds from the center of both halves. Then cut into lengthwise strips and small dice.
5.) Chop lettuce into smaller pieces.
6.) Place chopped lettuce, carrots, cucumbers, celery hearts and radicchio into a large mixing bowl.
7.) Be sure to rinse the frisée thoroughly in a colander as it can contain grains of sand which are very unpleasant if they make it into the salad. Shake dry. Hold frisée bunch over the mixing bowl and using kitchen scissors, cut ends of frisée leaves directly on top of other ingredients. Move in a circular motion as you cut so that frisée is evenly distributed. Toss thoroughly.
8.) Now for the dressing–whisk all of the vinaigrette ingredients together in a small mixing bowl. Pour over salad and toss again. Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Low-Carb
- Method: mixing
- Cuisine: salad
Keywords: grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, whole30, scd, paleo, chopped salad, dinner salad, side, healthy food