Looking for an incredibly delicious and easy salad dressing that doubles as both a wonderful sandwich spread + veggie dip? Well, you’ve come to the right place!
Ted’s Takeover Recipe: House Dressing
Hey Friends! As you may know, my husband Ted joined forces with me here at Lila Ruth Grain-Free recently, sharing his wonderful recipes– and it has seriously been a dream come true! I’ve been enjoying the benefits of his cooking for years and it has been thrilling to be able to share it with all of you– and today’s recipe is no exception!
As much as I cook and bake, I’ve always been the kind of person to rely on store bought dressing–homemade dressing just seemed out of the question to me for some reason. My husband, however, is an absolute natural with fresh ingredients and flavors- and so developing a dressing from scratch is just second nature to him.
When he first created this delicious green dressing and had me taste test it, I was absolutely blown away by the incredible flavor profile–I mean, it is slap your hand on the counter kind of good!! 😉 And it quickly became the kind of thing that we wanted to put on EVERYTHING. Chopped Salad? Green House Dressing. Hamburger Bun Spread? Green House Dressing. Grain-Free Tortilla Dip? Yep, you guessed it– glorious, Green House Dressing!
One of the things that makes it so versatile is the ability to change the thickness without losing the beautiful flavor punch. If you’re looking for a dip, spread or thick dressing, make the recipe as is. If you prefer a thinner dressing, you can just blend in a 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water, depending on your preference. And as always, however you choose to make it, we hope you just love it!
Happy Dressing Making!😊
And if you’re a salad lover, check out some of our best!
*1.4 net carbs per serving
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup fresh dill
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 1/2 cup avocado oil (olive or grapeseed oil can be substituted)
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider or champagne vinegar
- 4 dashes Cucumber Bitters (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place all dressing ingredients into a food processor and blend on low until you achieve uniform color and texture.
- For this dressing I used avocado oil, but it’s totally ﬁne to substitute with cheaper options like olive or grapeseed oil.
- ***This is by nature a thicker dressing, beautiful for salads, sandwich spreads and dips. If you prefer a thinner dressing, just blend in 1/4 to 1/2 cup water. The flavor profile is so rich that the dilution does not affect the delicious taste.
- Prep Time: 25-30 min
- Cook Time: none
Keywords: green dressing, avocado, salad, vegan, paleo, whole30, dairy-free, grain-free, gluten-free, house dressing, crudite, sandwich spread